Thursday, December 1, 2011

holiday decorating

The Mrs. here!  One of the best parts of Christmas is putting up the decorations.  But if you're anything like me, sometimes it can be hard to come up with something "new" without buying anything.  I've gotten pretty creative with mixing and matching items around my home (even from other seasons) to decorate for Christmas.  Take a look at this centerpiece...

I used some of the ornaments off of my tree, some Christmas plates and candles that I already had, and some sparkly fillers in their original containers.  To elevate the red candle in my trifle bowl I flipped a Glade oil candle burner upside down, set the candle on top, then filled the rest of the bowl with the Christmas balls.  Underneath I used a cream placemat, and one of my winter towels.  This whole centerpiece cost me NOTHING to make because I used what I already had in a different way.  What have you created for Christmas using materials you already have?

2 comments:

  1. Ooo sparklies & bling!! It's sooo Mel. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, Your mother-in-law and her sister, me, are not nearly as creative as you. We read about using our Southern Living large curved glass container like this: fill the container with artificial snow about half way up. Place a lovely red pillar candle on the snow, nestle it down a little and you have a lovely centerpiece. We both think it is quite the thing. Your ideas are really nice.

    ReplyDelete