Thursday, December 8, 2011

DIY baby hat

The Mrs. here!
I've had a lot of fun over the past year getting "reaquainted" with my crafty side. :)  I don't know about you, but there's just something special about a homemade gift.  Don't get me wrong....I LOVE hunting down a good deal for the perfect gift, but this year I've tried to pair a store-bought gift with a homemade gift to add a personal touch.  We've had lots of little ones entering our life lately, and one of the gifts I've given most this year is this super cute, cozy, and simple-to-make baby hat!(tutorial and patterns on prudentbaby.com)
3 hats that I've given to little girls...I made the far left hat bigger for an older baby.
You don't have to be a master seamstress in any sense of the word to make these!  Another reason I have enjoyed making these is because I can re-use old shirts/fabric that I know I wouldn't otherwise use.  I've made hats for little ones out of tank tops, t-shirts, and odd fabric scraps.  They are perfect for any season because you can use thin, breathable fabric....and they're nice and stretchy! :)  What are some gifts that you have made recently?  Would love to hear from you!  

1 comment:

  1. OK now these are darling! Most people would be able to do this I would think...

    ReplyDelete