Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pinterest Baby!

The Mrs. here!  I don't know about you, but I have really enjoyed finding all sorts of new things on Pinterest....recipes, decorating ideas, DIY projects, etc.  I've tried not to go too crazy with re-creating the many "pins" I've found, but here are 3 very easy crafts that I made for my little babe's room.


This talented artist hand sews all of these monograms onto fabric.  I, however, have neither the talent or patience for that so I took a simpler route....
1. Mod podge paper onto a canvas
2. Print off the monogram in a few fonts and sizes to see what you like best
3. Arrange buttons, and glue....voila!

Original pin: Headband Holder

Again, because of time and reesources I had available at the time, I did a bit simpler version.
1. Trim paper to fit container and mod podge.
2. It's hard to see in my picture, but I ripped a complimentary print of paper into small strips and wrapped it around the can to add another color.

Original pin: Magnet Board

I thought this was such a clever use of an old cookie sheet!  A couple tips from my attempt:
1. I wasn't sure if I wanted to permanently attach the fabric to the cookie sheet, so I used packing tape rather than glue.
2. For the same reason I didn't want to drill holes in the cookie sheet (for the ribbon used to hang it on the wall) so I choose a cookie sheet that had a rim around it so I could hang it on a nail.

Put all of these crafts together, and my baby's room has personal, sweet, and useful decorations. 



















The best part is that these 3 crafts took me very little time (about an hour TOTAL) and NO extra money because I already had all of the supplies!
Gotta' love Pinterest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment