Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cake in a Cup

The Mrs. here!
So.....you're having one of those days where you just need a little something sweet to get you through.  No time to make cookies, no chocolate in the house, and you definitely don't want to load the kids up to run to the store.  I have 4 words for you: cake in a cup!!! 

You can make this up, keep it in your cupboard, and it's ready to go at a moment's notice! I first heard about this from a good friend.  I'm honestly not sure where she got the original recipe, but I have passed it along to everyone I know.  Here 'ya go!

Mix:
1 box angel food cake mix
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 bag mini chocolate chips
Store this is an airtight container or ziploc bag until you are experiencing a day like the one I mentioned above ;)

To make:
Mix 1/3 cup of mix and 3 Tbsp. water in a microwave safe mug.
Microwave for 1 min. 15 sec. (this may vary depending on your microwave wattage)
Flip your cake out of your mug and into a bowl.
Add desired toppings. (my favs are coffee flavored ice cream, or vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup)

Looks like your day just got a little bit yummier......enjoy! :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum - now if only I had those cake mixes in the pantry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but once you have them there's no turning back :)

      Delete
  2. This is awesome, It will soon be in my cupboard,Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No gonna lie - bought them today. :) Simply because we haven't been studying 'self-control' YET! :)

    ReplyDelete