Sunday, December 4, 2011

Have yourself a thankful Christmas

The Mrs. here~
I have learned a lot this year about having gratitude....  I have been encouraged and inspired by several friends who have openly walked their journies of thankfulness, even in hard situations.  I also read a book with some of my sg peeps; one thousand gifts.  (*if you're looking for a thought provoking, inspiring, poetic, and transforming book this is a good candidate!*)  While I still have a long ways to go in being grateful, I have been more mindful of giving thanks as we head into Christmas.  I wanted to find a way to pass on what I've been learning to those that I love in the gifts I'm giving.  Here are a few things I've been making to fill the stockings, but also fill the heart with gratitude this Christmas.

i attached magnets to the backs of the clothespins so that they can hang from the frige.  these can be easily filled with pictures or written gratitudes....a simple reminder in the daily grind.

found this idea on Pinterest from  inchmark.squarespace.com.....fill a jar with memories/gratitudes throughout the year. read them on new year's eve the following year.  i added my own flair to make the gift a little more complete by adding a fabric cover on the jar, and including pre-cut slips of printed papers to write on throughout the year. (see picture below).



a graitude journal~ this gift is based off of the book i mentioned earlier...recording things that you're thankful for throughout the day.  the simple, mundane, even hard moments that often pass by with grumbling instead of gratitue.  i bought some packages of small, lined journals. then i wrote some excerpts from the book on the inside.  my lil' sis made the one on the left and modge podged some added decorations on the outside.
 At the risk of sounding too cheesy, gratitude is definitely a gift that keeps on giving.  That makes any of these gifts perfect for your loved ones this Christmas!

2 comments: