Saturday, March 31, 2012

Caramel Crunch Bagels

It's the Mrs. here, with one of my FAVORITE, EASIEST recipes!!!
I have made this so many times, for so many different types of events, and it's always a hit.  Plus, these are ingredients that people usually have around the house so you can make it on a moment's notice.  Girlfriends coming over....coffee and caramel crunch bagels!  Family staying for the weekend......caramel crunch bagels for everyone!  Big day at the office for the Mr. and need a "special breakfast"......caramel crunch bagels!  Hosting book club.....well...you get the idea.  
mix, spread onto bagels before broiling
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 Tb. honey
1/2 tsp. cinnamin
**sliced almonds, optional**
Spread onto bagels and broil until bubbling
A few tips:
1. It depends what you're serving these for, but I honestly like serving them on mini bagels best (i also use whole wheat because then I can tell myself they are healthy-ish-ha!).
2. It mixes and spreads best if the butter is softened (room temp), and not melted.

done!
(my camera and picture taking ability
don't do these justice)
3. If you are making this for a family breakfast (as I often am) and don't use all of the mix, have no fear!  Just put it in the frige, and soften again the next time you want to use it.  If you plan on doing this, I would wait to mix the almonds in so that they don't get mushy.
4. Use a cookie sheet with sides if possible.  If you don't have one, I would recommend putting foil, or another large cookie sheet below....the caramel topping tends to run a little as they are broiling and makes a very sticky mess if it spills all over your oven. :)

That's it!  Really!  I think I might go mix up a batch of these right now.....what are you going to make these for?  I'd love to hear!

....if you missed it, another fun and easy recipe is cake in a cup...

1 comment:

  1. I think I will make these for family coming for Easter!!

    ReplyDelete