Tuesday, March 20, 2012

MINE!!!

Mrs. here with a somewhat reflective post. :)  Nothing new or profound, but just struck me today.
Over the past few days, Little Miss's new (and favorite) word is "MINE!".  Everything that she can see or put her hands on she proudly shouts "MINE!".  She finds a toy or snack, gives a possessive squeeze and shouts "MINE!"  A little friend wants her doll, she holds on tight and shouts "MINE!"  I mean, this is not one of those words that we work so hard on getting her to say. It can take days to get her to say sweet things like "love you"....yet somehow by watching me, watching the world, she has learned this simple word and it's meaning.

For some reason, watching her in this new stage brought some conviction to me today.  The stuff that Little Miss is so possessive of is not really hers.  Yes, we have given it to her to enjoy or use, but we (like any other parent) want her to share....her snack, her toys, her books, etc... But I realized that this is the way I live so often.  Just like we provide for Little Miss's needs (and many of her wants) my Heavenly Father is doing the same for me.  He has generously provided for me in so many ways....and yet when someone with a need comes my way, instead of sharing, I just give my stuff a possessive squeeze and shout "MINE!".  Someone needs me to share my time, my resources, or something that isn't convenient and I just stand there and shout "MINE!"  Again, I'm sure this is not a new or profound thought to anyone, but I want to use this opportunity.  When I work with Little Miss on learning to share, I'm hoping that God can continue to work on me and ways that I can share as well.  Gotta' love how much a God can teach me through a toddler! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your profound words. Good for all of us.

    ReplyDelete