Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Night to Remember (from his/hers perspective)

Last night we went on a date.....not just any date, but one of those "special dates".  Getting dressed up, reservations for dinner downtown, taking in a show, the whole nine yards.  We have known this date was coming for a while, (it was a wonderful Christmas present from our parents!!!) so it was almost comical to see the differences in how we prepared for this night....



Mrs: It's about 1 week out from the event.  I made an appointment to get my hair trimmed (it was time anyways), borrowed and tried on dresses from several friends, and wondered where we were going to dinner, what the show would be like, etc....  I've talked about this night with several girlfriends and am literally giddy with excitement.

Mr: Day of.  Dinner reservations....check!  Babysitter....check!  Watch the babe while Mrs. get's ready.....check!

Mrs:  Day of....I tried on countless dresses, and finally decided on which one to wear. Since this is a rare night out on the town, I go all out!  Paint my nails, spend extra time on hair and makeup, dig through my sister's closet for the perfect shoes and jewelry, ditch the "mom purse" for a clutch.....(you get the idea).

Mr. Shave....check!  Shirt and tie.....check!  Cologne....check!

Mr. and Mrs: We want to capure every moment of this night, so we take a picture together before we leave.  We take a picture at a stoplight on the way to dinner and text it to our parents.  We take pictures at dinner.  We even sneak a picture of one of the percussionists at the show (we are SUCH rule breakers--ha!)  and of course one outside of the theater after the show.  Say Cheese!

Mrs: After the show. I'm full of questions, and want to talk through every detail. "What was your favorite part?"  "What did you not like?"  "Was it what you expected?"  "Who was your favorite character?" etc....

Mr: After the show. "Fun night with my gal!  I think I'm ready for a good night's sleep."

While we may have prepared for the night differently, and processed the night differently, we both enjoyed the time together.  There is nothing like the "gift of experience", especially when you share it with the one you love.



1 comment:

  1. Oh I can just imagine it all from the Mrs. perspective...trying on dresses, shoes, jewelry, the whole nine yards! Hair... Wonderful treat to have gotten a trim. I get all jazzed just thinking about it! It is all a part of the big date and event. So fun to think about it!

    ReplyDelete