Friday, February 10, 2012

Workout Challenge

The Mr. here: My wife and I have been needing some extra motivation to work out, especially since we're so busy with work, piano lessons, and our 14 month old daughter.  So we decided to make a game plan.
      I just bought a new hunting bow (well new to me, it's a 2005) so I'm super pumped to begin shooting it.  I bought it used from a guy who knows a ton about bows, and took good care of it.  It came with everything so I saved a ton of money.  The thing is my wife and I made a deal that I can't shoot it until I "pay it off" by working out.  I earn $5.00 every time I work out towards paying off the bow.  If it's a busy day and all I have time for is taking a walk at lunch, I earn $2.50.  I keep track of my earnings until I reach the total of the bow!
        I decided that I shouldn't be in this alone, so I made the Mrs. pick a goal too.  She decided to earn "time to herself".  Everytime she works out she earns 5 minutes, or if it's just a walk with the kiddos, she earns 2 1/2 minutes.  She can work towards time away with girlfriends, time at home to work on projects or crafts, or just go for a cup of coffee somewhere.  So far I'm beating her, but who knows....I may not be shooting until the season opener while she's drinking a chocolate mocha!
        The real goal is to keep us healthy, so hopefully we'll be able to post an update about this in a few months about how buff and toned we are just in time for summer.....but we'll see!

What do you do to stay motivated to work-out and keep in shape?

No comments:

Post a Comment