Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy (belated) Valentines Day

It's the Mr. here. 

My wife and I went to see The Vow for Valentines Day.  It was the first movie we'd been to in a while, and it was great, although a little hard for me at times.  The Vow is the story of a couple that gets into a car accident.  The wife loses all memory of her husband, and they have to fall in love all over again.  Can you imagine?  As a husband, this was hard for me because I honestly don't know what I would do without my family.  He even had to try to explain to her what she was like as a person before the accident; all of those "little things" that made her who she was.  It's a sad, but true story so it really got me thinking about how husbands need to continue "dating" thier wives.  On the way home, my wife and I talked about how we thought we would handle that situation, what we would tell each other about our different qualities if that ever happened, and what we would do to fall in love all over again.  It was a good conversation and we had fun reminicing about how we fell in love.

So take this time to talk to your spouse about how you would fall in love all over again; what kind of dates you would go on, what each others' tendencies are, etc....  And men, remember to never stop dating your wife.

2 comments:

  1. Hailey and I were a little disappointed that we didn't see more of them falling back in love, other then that we enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete