Sunday, February 12, 2012

From Socks to Legwarmers :)

Mrs. here, solving 2 problems with 1 easy fix. :)

Problem #1...the Mr. wears out his socks like crazy!  Sometimes these holes could be fixable, but often times they are large holes worn through on the bottom.  Since I am not a master seamstress (bummer!), this is a little beyond my skill (and patience) level.


Problem #2...Little Miss has quite a few clothes that fit her right now, but many are more appropriate for Spring weather so she wears a lot of tights.  On very cold days, tights just don't seem to be enough to keep those chubby little legs warm.

Solution....turn Mr's worn out socks into legwarmers for Little Miss!  I'm sure many of you have already thought of this idea, but it was a lightbulb moment for me!  This is so easy my toddler could almost make these for herself! :)

Take a worn out pair of socks (if they are your Mr's be sure you ask first!)

Cut them off evenly with a good scissors...this will make
the cuts more smooth, and prevent a lot of freying.  I chose to
cut below the heel because of Little Miss's height,
but you'll just have to gauge this for yourself.

Voila!  Instant legwarmers!  (not sure if you
can tell in this pic, but I rolled the bottoms
of the socks under so that you can't see the
raw edge where I cut them off.)

Cute, huh?!?
Now go on and start digging through your sock drawer so you can make a pair! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh these are adorable! Great for these mild MN days when little Miss does not need snow pants but needs more than tights. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete